Champagne versus English Sparklers or the Virginia Wine Academy Tour de Force
Will England finally overtake France after a thousand years of competition in the Sparkling wine stakes?
Check your knowledge on bubbles or what you might call a “Pop Quiz”
1) Which was the first Country to document the production of sparkling wine?
2) Why did the British navy have a crucial role in the history of sparkling wine production?
3) What role did Dom Perignon have in the history of sparkling wine?
4) Why did Madame Clicquot sacrifice her dining room table to help clarify sparkling wine?
5) Madame Clicquot was famous in branding Champagne – why?
6) What role did Czar Nicholas II have in the marketing of Champagne?
7) Who said- I drink Champagne when I am happy and when I am sad. Sometimes I drink it when I am alone; and when I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with if I am not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it unless I am thirsty?
8) What was Churchill’s favorite Champagne?
9) What soil, described in Dorset England is the basis of the Champagne terroir?
10) Would you like to know and experience the very origin of Sparkling wine and taste the exceptional Sparkling wines in England and then travel to France to compare English Fizz with French Fizz?
If your only answer was #10 then sign up for the Virginia Wine Academy tour Anglo-French Sparkling Wine Experience.
We plan to start in England and visit the leading producers over three days and then be whisked across the Channel to Epernay and Rheims for another three days of experiencing how the French have cornered the world market in premium sparkling wine that they call Champagne
Coming in summer of 2019.
More details to follow – let us know if you are interested.